2015年7月9日 星期四

Dream Job

Job Description | R&D in Architecture
The theories of architecture, building technology and the simulation of the building systems are always attractive to me. I imagine that I can work in an R&D lab in which I can push the theories and building technology forward, and meanwhile those theories can be put into some real projects for verification. In this lab, pioneering technologies will be developed and we will cooperate with architects and contractors. It may give us some profit to continue the research. In other words, the lab is like a consultant for architects and contractors, not only assisting them in building but also accumulating the knowledge for them. The lab's job is not only developing the theories, digital technology, design methodology or "something virtual", but also connecting the virtuality to reality. Once we can connect these two worlds (the real one and the virtual one) seamlessly, and all the people can move from one the the other without any difficulty. We then create more "space" for our world. I think this is another way to create space.

Besides the research, the other job this lab has is something about education. I am always thinking about a question: How do I use the knowledge I have? To put it in the real projects is one way to crystallize it, to transfer it to next generation is another way. It is important for me to transfer what I have to younger people, otherwise those things in my head will be wasted. Hence, the second job of this lab is to deliver the information to the public.

To sum up, my dream job is to be the head of an R&D lab which focuses on generating theories, technology and prototypes, and also on accumulating knowledge (or information) and making it flow to every corner.


Possible Products in Future:

Building Technology |

    - Robotic construction.
    - Self-assembly process of construction.
    - Pre-fab houses.
    - Zero-balanced house.

Intelligent Components |

    - Productive architectural components.
    - Intelligent architecture components.
    - IoT architectural components.
 
CAD/CAM |
 
    - Description Design Language kit
    - Simulation environment for architecture design
   
Expected Salary: USD. 700,000 / year


Concept of Battery Brick, TDIS, Fall 2014


沒有留言:

張貼留言